Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Mr.Mom

I titled this post Mr.Mom because that's the song that came on the radio today as I was pulling into our driveway after a quick grocery run. I've always liked this song through the years, however, I never really paid much attention to the lyrics. I always thought, "Oh that's cute" but now this song just makes me smile and choke up a little because it's so true! Lol...I don't have toddlers running around yet, but, even with one small baby and 2 big dogs my days are full of things!
I don't think a lot of people realize just how much mothers do for their families each and every day. Like they say, motherhood is a full time job with no pay and no sick days, EVERY day is a work day and a break is hardly given! I think nursing mothers might even have it a little bit "harder" because you have a child who has to eat from YOU every 2-3 (give or take an hour or so) hours so you literally have to stop what you're doing to feed them. A typical day of things I do is: Laundry, dishes, clean the kitchen, sweep, vacuum, take the dogs outside (about every 4 hours), feed the dogs (3x a day), feed Scarlet (roughly 8 times a day), change diapers (like 5-10x depending on the day), play games with Scarlet (she is one of the most active little babies I know! She almost always has to be doing something and will let you know if she's bored lol), try to get Scarlet to take her naps (which can take up to an hour depending on how much she fights it!), give the dogs some love and attention....Not to mention trying to fit in some ME time with exercise, etc...This doesn't include days I have to go get groceries, take out the trash, clean the bathrooms, cook dinner (dont do it every night because Ryan works until after 9 sometimes so he just buys himself something and I'll make myself whatever) pay bills, and take care of anything else that might pop up in a day.

Anyways, my whole point of this post was to say how it's nice for men (as in LONESTAR who sing Mr.Mom lol...and my husband!)and people to acknowledge that being a mom is no easy task and it's just as much (if not more) work as someone who goes out and works 8-12 hours at a job.I'm grateful because I have a husband who knows that even though I'm a stay at home mom (who also works from home) I don't just sit at home watching tv or playing on the internet. I've got a household to maintain and people/dogs/things to take care of! Yes, I do watch movies and get on the internet, but, it's almost always when Scarlet is nursing, or taking a short nap (she is nursing as I type this, if you care to know lol)...

Oh.....to randomly change the subject lol....Monday I had my cosmetology state board practical exam...I was so nervous and my hands were pretty much shaking the entire 2 1/2 hours lol. I won't get to find out the results for another week, so, wish me luck!!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am proud to be the mother of this amazing young woman! I am glad that she is such a wonderful daughter of Heavenly Father accepting the challenge that has been placed before her to try to ballance her life of daughter, wife, mother. You are doing such a wonderful job keeping everything intact and I hope and pray that you continue to have the strength to do so with the help of your adoring husband! I love you with every fiber of my being. Mom

    ReplyDelete