Friday, May 4, 2012

Our Silly Life

Can I just say that I absolutely LOVE my family?....SO STINKIN MUCH!!!! Scarlet is the biggest blessing I have ever had in my entire life. Now I finally know what I've been missing out on for all these years...MOTHERHOOD! Aside from getting married and sealed to Ryan for time and all eternity, the day Scarlet was born was the happiest day of my life. HANDS DOWN. I am SO grateful that Ryan and I didn't wait 1-2 years to start a family, like we were originally planning...I know for a fact Scarlet was born at the right time for us! Some say that having a baby only adds stress to a relationship, but, not for us. Having Scarlet and parenting together has only brought Ryan and I CLOSER. I love it. I love him. And we love her!!

Once again it's been WAY too long since I last posted...Over 5 months. Yikes!!! So, instead of writing a novel I'll just summarize haha.

Ryan finished another year of school which means we only have one year left until he graduates with his Bachelors in business administration (from Southern Virginia University). Next summer we plan on moving to Alamosa, Colorado (where my parents live) because they have a nice college where Ryan can not only do airforce ROTC, but also get his masters in health care administration (he'd like to run a hospital and possibly a gym of some sort some day). He is still working at CVS Pharmacy as a pharmacy tech (he still enjoys it, but there are some days that are better than others for him).

I graduated from my cosmetology school this past April, took my theory (written) exam on April 24th, and passed. WOO!! Now, all I have to do is take my practical (hands on) exam on May 7th. If I pass (I should be positive and say WHEN I pass lol) then I will officially be a licensed cosmetologist in the state of Virginia. Yipee!! Lol.

Scarlet is now 5 months (and 2 days) old. She can sit up on her own without falling over, hold herself up on her hands and knees (in crawling position lol), and just recently started eating baby oatmeal (which she LOVES). She is a wiggly wiggly worm during changing time and loves to flip around while I try to get her diapers on and off lol. She is one of the happiest babies I've ever seen (lucky us!!!) and has such a cute and funny little personality!! She laughs at SOO many things, I'm pretty sure she'll have a good sense of humor when she's older (she was born into the right family for that, both mine and Ryan's sides have some BIG jokesters!) She absolutely loves our dogs Suka and Ella, and will sit there laughing her head off any time they play with each other (and even sometimes when they are just walking around the house haha). Oh, and one more thing. She is a GREAT sleeper! She sleeps around 8 hours in one stretch at night, which means good sleep for mommy and daddy!!

I am going to try my absolute hardest to keep a weekly update going from now on...and have some people who are gonna "bug" me if I don't lol....So, until next week, ciao!!!

3 comments:

  1. Your baby is so cute! And your blog is cute! I'm diggin that sunflower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog layout :) I need to figure out how to add a cool background. And yes... I will bug you!

    ReplyDelete